星期二, 十一月 2

Facts distorted in Galas incident

I hereby express my regret over several distortions of facts linked to the incident in the MCA function at Galas last Saturday (Oct 30, 2010).
Despite the deliberate distortions perpetrated by certain quarters, the plain fact remains as follows:

(1) On the said evening, due to my tight schedule prior arranged, I had to leave the venue prematurely but I did offer to meet Soh and his members of “Malaysians for Beng Hock” the following day at Galas but that was unfortunately rejected by Soh and his group for whatever reasons best known to them.
Nonetheless, I still offered to hear them out at any convenient time and venue that could be arranged later. But again this was not responded positively.
On their claim that they had purportedly failed to meet me at Kuala Lumpur, I must categorically deny that my office had ever been approached by any one of the group members for appointment arrangement.

(2) On the above-mentioned incident, as it is now a police case, I would communicate with the IGP to seek his assistance in expediting the investigation, if possible.
At the same time, I empathise with Soh over the incident.
I urge the police to treat the assault report lodged by Soh seriously.
I appeal to the police to expedite the probe in the name of justice and to bring to book the culprits, if any, responsible for the incident at the MCA rally.

(3) As regards to the Teoh Beng Hock case, the petition for the inception of Royal Commission is of grave concern to the public. As a deputy minister myself, I am duty-bound to report the issue to my Party President Datuk Seri Dr Chua Soi Lek and Kelantan MCA liaison chief Datuk Seri Dr Ng Yen Yen to seek the party’s decision and guidance.
In the name of safeguarding the judiciary independence, I believe both sides of the political divide share the responsibilities in addressing the concerns concertedly in the interests of the people. MCA being a senior partner of the coalition government would be sensitive to the aspirations and demands of the people in wanting to address the said issue justly and swiftly.

没有评论:

发表评论